Saturday, July 22, 2006

I love flea markets


but I absolutely hate garage sales! The closest flea market is over 60 miles away. So today I broke down and went to a few garage sales.

I found a treasure box. It was OLD. Smelled like an old book. Had the feel of an old leather book. A couple of places on the box looked like mold eaten by mold. Not in the best shape. So I bought it. It is red and I am NOT fond of red. It has "TREASURE BOX" impressed and old fashion scroll like impressions in a couple of the corners. I bought it for .50 cents. That's .49 cents too much :o)

I went out to the car this afternoon to bring in all my treasures from this morning. Since my hands were full I set some of the stuff in C's smoking chair on the patio. Unfortunately I left the box in the chair along with a couple of other things.

I let the dogs stay out longer today since it is only in the 80's and BaiLea loves to be outside when it is not sweltering hot. Magi will stay out if she is in the mood. They stayed out about 45 minutes before I went to bring them in.

Yep, one of the two of my lovely dogs decided mold smelled pretty good. So she took my brand new (to me) treasure box and tore it to pieces. The cutie pictured above is Magi. I am thinking she is the one that did it. However, it is my fault for leaving it laying around.

So now I am going to have to make a new treasure box.

One without the 'feel' of aged leather, the smell of old book, and the smudges of mold on mold. *sigh*

On a funny note our local (Tulsa) t.v. stations keep showing a man stealing a puppy from a pet store. The thief stuffs the puppy in his shorts! How gross are people? The puppy cost $1,600.00. Yes you read that correctly sixteen hundred dollars! Wonder if he now thinks that little bundle of white fur is worth prison time? I wonder how much dog and cat food could sixteen HUNDRED dollars buy.........people are just silly.

It has been a long day. For some reason I am sad today. Can't put my finger on it. Something in the back of my mind whirling around.

Have a good evening.........

3 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

oh no!-sorry about the treasure box it sounded so awesome. :( on the brighter side your puppy is very cute

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger SageHen said...

Just a note to let you know you won the small drive by RAk. (Actually, you didn't win *the* RAK, but I decided to give out extra prizes, and you won one of those.) send me your Address and I'll pop it in the mail for ya!

Alleen Lang, SageHen or knightsoftheshagcarpet@blogspot.com

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Robyn said...

OMGoodness about the treasure box! Cute picture of the pup though! I hope tomorrow is a better day! And looks like Alleen had great news for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home