Monday, June 05, 2006

Do you know your picture is in the paper???

Living in a small town can be sooooo fun. My mom just called to ask if I knew my pic was in the paper! She is the fourth person to tell me.

I am the secretary for Craig County Outreach Cancer Association (whew what a mouth full). Wal Mart did not think we qualified for any support but I filled out the paper work any way. When Joyce from Wal Mart called to tell me she had TWO checks for me, one from the WM foundation and one for matching funds for a grand total of $1,300.00, yep thirteen HUNDRED dollars, the whole second floor heard my WhooP!

That money will pay for a full year of travel for cancer treatment for one person with $100.00 left over for a second person. Well not totally pay for their travel cause man their travel expenses are outrages. When you travel over 120 miles a day almost EVERY DAY for chemo or radiation it gets outrageously expensive fast. The CCOCA reimburses $300.00 in travel expenses per quarter. I so wish we could do more but we have so many in treatment and get new applicants each week. That call from Joyce just made me sooooooooo happy. Anyway that is why my picture is in the paper......Accepting the checks with a few other board members.

The biggest news in T Town is still Oprah and Gail King at the mall shopping. Then they crashed two wedding receptions. They were filming for a September show.

Worst part of the day is I came home from work early sick. Peyton and his family are in town for supper and I am here drinking tomato soup. Since Jennifer is pregnant and they are here on vacation I did not want to take a chance this is a virus instead of allergies making me sick. I need sympathy. I have not seen the Missouri gang for almost a year! And then I go and get sick. :0(

Oh well tomorrow will be much better :o)

1 Comments:

At 7:13 PM, Blogger Jana said...

Hey there! Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. :-( I had NO idea that Oprah was in Tulsa, that's wild! I'm a fellow Okie too originally from Enid & I went to OSU for a few years in the 80s. Just wanted to pop in and say hello from ScrappinJana!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home